About me:

I am setting out on this journey to be a successful Professional Golfer and know that my hard work will pay off. I truly love golf and the challenges that comes with each day. I have met amazing people, life long friends and seen amazing parts of the country with golf taking me there. Thank you for reading my profile and wish me luck on my journey.

Thanks for checking out my page, please come back again soon.
Feel free to email me at ChrisKillmerGolf@gmail.com

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Times Recap/ Western Championship Kickoff

Last week I played in the Times Colonist Island Savings Open and had a great week. I started off the tournament by turning in a disappointing  4 over 74 first round before coming back on Friday (my dads Birthday, and caddy for the week) delivering a 67 to him for his birthday and making the cut by two. Heading into the weekend I was looking forward to continuing my good play and attempt to go for my highest finish of my professional career. A 1 over round Saturday essentially kept me in the same spot but a 1 under round the last day moved me up almost ten places to finish in a tie for 31st. I was so happy to have my dad on the bag for the week it was a lot of fun. I know that no one had a caddy that tried harder than mine. I also was excited to see my girlfriend Alyssa show up about 10 min before my Tee time to watch me play. I really appreciate her coming to watch, after a 4am wake up a ferry ride and a red bull or two she was there sporting her new camera and took amazing photos of a great sunny day in Victoria.


Finishing the event I was excited to go home and relax after a long week. Unfortunately I was back home in the states for about 18 hours before leaving for the Western Championship in Kamloops, B.C.

I was very unexcited about leaving at 3 o-clock because the Canucks were on at 5 so I stopped along the way to watch two embarrassing periods of hockey, at least i think that's what they were trying to play. I finally made it to Kamloops found the hotel, and it turns out that the hotel is actually the university dorm. Feels like college all over again, pretty funny that its one of two official hotels for the tournament. Played a practice round Tuesday but by the 13th hole lightning had set in on the course and we had to stop playing and with the course being closed for a pro am I would have to wait and see the rest of the course on Wednesday. Today it was great to finish playing the course and I cant wait to start the event tomorrow. Its going to be a great week and I will update again after each round. You can also find results on www.cantour.com

Wish me luck this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment